The Kansas Manufacturing Council (KMC) is looking for the Coolest Thing Made In Kansas.
Presented by BKD CPAs & Advisors, this competition is a great way to learn about the many products made in Kansas. It’s also a wonderful opportunity for Kansas manufacturers to show their best stuff and prove they have what it takes to be the Coolest Thing Made in Kansas.
“The Kansas Manufacturing Council’s annual contest showcases Kansas’s wide variety of manufacturers that keep our state’s economy strong and our communities growing. It’s with great pride that KMC supports manufacturing technology and integration to embrace the future.” said Mark Chalfant, KMC’s Board of Advisors Chairman and President and CEO of Fuller Industries.
Any product that is made in Kansas qualifies for the competition.
The top 32 nominated products will set the tournament-style bracket. They will compete in weekly head-to-head match-ups. The products that receive the highest votes in each match-up will advance to the next round, moving one step closer to winning the ultimate prize – being named the Coolest Thing Made in Kansas.
The winner will be announced during the Kansas Manufacturing Summit on Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at the Kansas Star Casino. All 32 nominees will be invited to display their products at the summit.
“BKD is fortunate to have the opportunity to work and engage with manufacturers across Kansas and is able to see first-hand the research, development and ultimate success of innovative products. We are excited to sponsor this competition and provide manufacturers a platform to showcase their products and promote the entrepreneurial spirit of Kansas manufacturers and the solutions they are bringing to the market,” said Jennifer Wold, BKD Commercial Services Partner.
The reigning Coolest Thing Made in Kansas is the EMP Shield made in Burlington. EMP Shield is the world’s first electromagnetic pulse (EMP) surge protection technology for an entire home and vehicle tested to military and UL 1449 standards from ETL. How cool is that?
Click here to nominate your favorite Kansas-made product. Nominations for the 2021 contest close on August 27h at 5:00 pm CT.
Click here to watch the video about the contest and hear from last year’s final four products.
Nominate your favorite product now!
- Everyone is encouraged to nominate their favorite products. There is no limit to the number of product nominations per person.
- Products nominated can be from any sector of the state’s manufacturing industry.
- The company does not have to be headquartered in Kansas but the product must be manufactured in a Kansas-based facility.
- The product must be made using a manufacturing process.
- The Kansas Manufacturing Council will review each nomination to ensure these requirements are met. If for any reason, the nomination does not meet these requirements, the nominator will be notified.
- Companies may only have one product featured in the top eight, so only one product nomination per company is encouraged.
- Winning companies are prohibited from participating in the contest for one year, while each winning product is indefinitely prohibited from being nominated again.
- Companies with products nominated will be notified by the Kansas Manufacturing Council.
- Voting during the tournament is open to the public. A voter may vote once per day.
- Nominated products will advance through a series of voting rounds.
- The products receiving the highest number of votes in their head-to-head match-ups during each voting period will advance rounds to top 16, eight, final four, and finally the winner.
- The number of votes received will be reset at the beginning of each round.
- New this year, the final round of final four (4) will be decided by popular vote!
2021 Contest Calendar
- 10th – 27th: Submit Nominations
- 30th – Sept 10th: Announce Bracket of 32, open voting
- 13th – 24th: Announce Bracket of 16, open voting
- 27th – Oct. 1st: Announce Bracket of Top 8, open voting
- 4th – Oct 11th: Announce Final Round, open voting
- Oct 11th: Coolest Celebration Reception
- Oct 12th: 2021 CTMK Winner Announced
Above: Kansas Chamber President and CEO Alan Cobb presenting the 2020 Coolest Thing Made In Kansas trophy to Andrew Bucchin, Director of Sales & Marketing of EMP Shield, Inc.
Below: Watch the video about the Coolest Thing Made In Kansas contest and hear from 2020’s final four products.
Coolest Thing Made in Kansas Promo from Kansas Chamber on Vimeo.