The Kansas Manufacturing Council’s (KMC) is looking for the Coolest Thing Made In Kansas. This competition highlights the state’s manufacturing industry, which employs one out of 11 Kansas workers.
Any product that is made in Kansas using a manufacturing process qualifies for the competition.
The People’s Choice contest begins with product nominations and the first round of voting. The top 16 vote getters will set the tournament-style bracket. They will go on to compete in head-to-head match ups. The product that receives the most votes in each match up will advance to the next round, moving one step closer to winning the ultimate prize – being named the People’s Choice Coolest Thing Made in Kansas.
The People’s Choice winner will be announced during the Kansas Manufacturing Summit on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at the Kansas Star Casino and Event Center. The 16 companies who make the tournament will be invited to display at the summit.
NEW IN 2022: To highlight the many ways Kansas manufacturers improve their products and address crucial challenges, the KMC is launching its Coolest Innovation award in 2022. A panel of expert judges will review and score questionnaires completed by the companies regarding their nominated products. The top four scoring products will be invited to present in-person to the expert panel on October 12th at the Kansas Star Casino and Event Center. The winner will be announced the next day during the summit. Click here to review the criteria the judges will use during the final round.
People’s Choice/Innovation Award Nomination rules
Who Can Make a Nomination?
Everyone is encouraged to nominate their favorite products. There is no limit to the number of product nominations per person.
How Many Products Can a Company Have in the Competition?
Companies may only have one product featured in the top eight, so only one product nomination per company is encouraged.
How Often Can a Company or Product Win Coolest Thing Made in Kansas?
Companies may only have one product featured in the top four, so only one product nominations per company is encouraged.
Winning companies are prohibited from participating in the contest for one year, while each winning product is indefinitely prohibited from being nominated again.
How Will a Company Know I Nominated Something It Makes?
Companies with products nominated will be notified by the Kansas Manufacturing Council.
as a Kansas-Made Product?
Products nominated can be from any sector of the state’s manufacturing industry.
Nominations for People’s Choice and Coolest Innovation
- Everyone is encouraged to nominate their favorite products. There is no limit to the number of product nominations per person.
- Products nominated can be from any sector of the state’s manufacturing industry.
- The company does not have to be headquartered in Kansas but the product must be manufactured in a Kansas-based facility.
- The product must be made using a manufacturing process.
- The Kansas Manufacturing Council will review each nomination to ensure these requirements are met. If for any reason, the nomination does not meet these requirements, the nominator will be notified.
- Companies may only have one product featured in the top four, so only one product nomination per company is encouraged.
- Winning companies are prohibited from participating in the contest for one year, while each winning product is indefinitely prohibited from being nominated again.
- Companies with products nominated will be notified by the Kansas Manufacturing Council.
- Products can be nominated for both categories but may only be in one of the category finals.
Click the button to nominate your favorite Kansas-made product. Nominations for the 2022 contest begin on August 1st and close on August 26th at midnight CT.
voting for the people’s choice tournament
How Does Voting Work?
The bracket-style 6-week-long tournament is underway for 2022 Coolest Thing Made In Kansas – People’s Choice contest! Click here to vote now!
- Voting is open to the public. Limit 10 votes per tournament round.
- Products receiving the highest number of votes in each head to head match up will advance to the next round.
- The number of votes received will be reset at the beginning of each round.
- Voting for the final round is now open until Tuesday, October 11th at 5:00 pm.
2022 People’s Choice
Aug. 1st – Aug. 26th: Submit Nominations
Aug. 30th – Sept. 16th: Vote for favorite nominated products
Sept. 19th – Sept. 25th: Announce Tournament Bracket of 16, open voting
Sept. 26th – Oct. 2nd: Announce Bracket of 8, open voting
Oct. 3rd – Oct. 11th: Announce Final Round, open voting
- The final round is a popular vote of the final four products
Oct. 12th: Coolest Celebration Reception – all 16 products/companies will be invited
Oct. 13th: Announce People’s Choice 2022 Coolest Thing
2022 Coolest Innovation
Aug. 1st – Aug. 26th: Submit Nominations
Aug. 28th – Sept. 2nd: Nominated products submit Innovation questionnaires
Sept. 20th: Announce Innovation award finalists
Oct. 12th: Innovation ward finalists present to judges
Oct. 13th: Announce Innovation award winner
The Kansas Manufacturing Council (KMC) is the leading advocacy organization for Kansas manufacturers and companies serving manufacturers, representing small and large manufacturers across the state.
The mission of KMC is to provide knowledge, resources and support in order to create a stronger and more prosperous manufacturing sector.
Through the Kansas Chamber, KMC has a powerful voice for the state’s manufacturing community to advocate for a policy agenda that helps manufacturers compete in the global economy and create jobs across Kansas.
Our outstanding staff of policy experts provides unmatched access and information on the key issues affecting your business and bottom line. We are on the front lines of a wide range of policy battles from immigration reform and labor relations to energy and the environment to trade policy and taxes. At every turn, we are working on behalf of manufacturers in Kansas to advance policies that help manufacturers do what they do best: create economic strength and jobs.
Contact the KMC staff at KMC@KansasChamber.org to learn more.
The presenting sponsor of the Coolest Thing Made in Kansas contest is FORVIS CPAs & Advisors.
FORVIS is a national CPA and advisory firm that can help you reach your goals with expertise well beyond the standard accounting services to include risk management, technology, wealth management, and forensic and valuation services. Its clients represent a wide range of industries,
and the company is part of an alliance of firms that offer global reach.
Contact the KMC staff at KMC@KansasChamber.org or (785) 357-6321 to learn more.